South of Scotland
The South of Scotland Destination Alliance (SSDA) is the industry-led Destination Management and Marketing Organisation for the South of Scotland encompassing Dumfries and Galloway and the Scottish Borders. The aim of SSDA is to create and lead the delivery of a clear tourism strategy from coast to coast, supporting the best possible recovery plan for the sector and the wider economy of the South of Scotland. Our ambition is to make the South of Scotland a top tourism destination, creating a world class visitor experience and driving the local economy with multi-million-pound growth in tourism spend.
As our first ever Chief Executive, you will lead this newly formed organisation through the excitement and challenges of its initial steps and on towards the delivery of the long-term ambitions. Those ambitions are high and there is a great deal to do. We need a committed and resilient leader to drive and lead the organisation; someone who is as passionate about our mission as we are.
With strength and depth in relationship building you will bring commercial philosophy and entrepreneurial flair. We are looking for someone who is bold, determined and people-centric, with the motivation to challenge existing thinking whilst clearly articulating aspiration; someone who can make their mark.
You will have a track record of motivating and developing those around you and, with a genuine passion for what you do, you will have experience in building an open, collaborative and delivery focused culture.
You may have a background in hospitality, events or travel but what is more important is your desire to make a difference, your political nous and ability to build credibility and belief in the South of Scotland, quickly.
If this opportunity excites you and you want to drive and deliver with strong purpose, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for the post, please send a tailored CV and covering letter highlighting your skills and experience pertinent to the role to : firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential, informal discussion about the role, please contact Badenoch + Clark Executive directly on +44 (0)141 220 6460 or e-mail the aforementioned e-mail address. Applications should arrive no later than Midnight Sunday 13th December 2020.
Working closely with the Board, in particular the Chair, the Chief Executive will give direction and leadership to the achievement of SSDA’s vision, objectives, values and strategies.
The CEO will have overall responsibility for:
Strategy and Planning
Providing leadership to the organisation, by:
- Strategic business planning and reporting against outcomes, i.e. increasing revenue whilst also deliver targets around visitor spend
- Effective financial planning, management, reporting and accountability
- Building effective strategic relationship with partners, funders and other stakeholders
- Challenging existing and assumed thinking
- Showing passion and commitment for delivery and development
Leading and engaging the employees, by:
- Setting clear organisational goals and objectives
- Devising communication and an approach that encourages two-way conversations
- Developing direct reports and identifying strength and depth
- Modelling and instilling the required culture; mirroring the values
- Aligning energies and efforts against what is important
Staffing and Structure
Current structure and resourcing adopted to get SSDA established using freelance resource pending appointment of CEO